- Website Security. You acknowledge and agree that you will not violate, or attempt to violate, the security of the Website. Accordingly, you agree that you will not (i) access any data or materials located on the Website which, by their nature, are not reasonably intended for your use or access, (ii) log into any server or user account associated with the Website which you are not authorized to access, (iii) transmit or relay through the Website or any associated server any spam or other broadly disseminated unsolicited e-mail, or use the Website or any associated server to "spoof" or otherwise disguise or conceal the identity of the party originating any e-mail, (iv) use the Website for any fraudulent or illegal purpose, (v) use the Website or any associated server to e-mail, upload or otherwise transmit any image, material or information which is unlawful, defamatory, tortious, libelous, harassing, sexually explicit, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to any racial, ethnic or other group, (vi) probe, scan or test the Website or any associated server, or attempt to probe, scan or test the Website or any associated server, to assess its security features and procedures or to analyze security or authentication measures without proper authorization, or (vii) interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, any third party's use of the Website or any associated server, including without limitation any introduction of a virus or other computer program routine or engine that is intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair the Website or any associated server or network, and any effort to crash or disrupt the Website or any associated server or network by means of a volume of service requests in excess of the capacity of the Website or any associated server or network. Violation of a computer system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Weigel reserves the right to investigate occurrences which may involve such violations, and to report such violations to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Restriction on Spidering. Weigel strictly prohibits the use of any tools, programs, robotic algorithms or products to automatically download or "spider" the Website or any of the pages of the Website. Any such use constitutes an infringement upon the intellectual property rights of Weigel and its licensors. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that you shall not engage in any such conduct.
- Disclaimer of Submission Content. You agree and understand that by using the Website, you will be exposed to Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Weigel is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Weigel with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Weigel harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Website.
- Copyrights and Trademarks. All content, materials, images and other copyrightable material on the Website, including without limitation text, graphics, button icons, audioclips and software, are the property of Weigel, its sponsors or business affiliates, and their respective licensors, and are subject to U.S. and international copyright laws. Except to the extent expressly permitted under applicable copyright law, no copying or exploitation of the material from the Website is permitted without the express written permission of Weigel. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any of such copyrightable material by virtue of having downloaded such material from the Website. All copyrights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved to Weigel. All trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names used on this Website are proprietary to Weigel or other respective owners that have granted Weigel a right and license for such use, and are protected by U.S. and international trademark laws. In countries where any of the trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names used on this Website are not registered, Weigel claims other rights associated with unregistered trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names. No user of this Website is granted any rights to such trademarks, service marks, logos or trade names.
- CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS. ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, AND ALL MATERIAL, CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED AT THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. ACCORDINGLY, WEIGEL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS, CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED AT THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, OR NONINFRINGEMENT, EXCLUSIVE OF ANY SUCH WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY LAW AND ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION. WEIGEL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION PRESENTED AT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ENTIRELY ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WEIGEL DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM SUCH USE. YOU SHOULD VERIFY ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE BEFORE ACTING UPON IT. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART. IN ADDTION, WHILE WEIGEL ENDEAVORS TO PROTECT THIS WEBSITE FROM INFILTRATION BY COMPUTER VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER SIMILAR DESTRUCTIVE CODE PRODUCED BY THIRD PARTIES, WEIGEL CAN NOT PROVIDE ANY ASSURANCE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL REMAIN FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY SUCH DESTRUCTIVE CODE. ACCORDINGLY, ALL USERS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING ADEQUATE PROTECTIONS FOR THEIR OWN COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INCLUDING APPROPRIATE FIRE WALLS, ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, AND DATA RECOVERY PROCEDURES. ALL USERS OF THIS WEBSITE EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY SHALL HOLD WEIGEL HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, COST, DAMAGE, LIABILITY OR EXPRESS WHICH ANY OF SUCH USERS MAY SUFFER OR INCUR AS A RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF ANY SUCH DESTRUCTIVE CODE AT THIS WEBSITE.
- ENDORSEMENT DISCLAIMER. THIS WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES WHICH ARE NEITHER RELATED TO NOR MAINTAINED BY WEIGEL. THESE LINKS ARE PROVIDED AS A SERVICE TO THE USERS OF THIS WEBSITE, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS WEIGEL'S SPONSORSHIP OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY SUCH LINKED WEBSITE. WEIGEL DOES NOT MONITOR THE CONTENT OF ANY SUCH WEBSITE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF SUCH WEBSITES. ACCORDINGLY, USERS OF THIS WEBSITE USE SUCH LINKS AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe that you have a claim of copyright infringement based upon any material accessible on or through this Website, notice of such claim should be submitted in writing to Weigel's designated copyright agent as follows:
We take your electronic privacy seriously. Questions regarding this statement or our practices should be directed to the Weigel Broadcasting Co. Privacy Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send inquiries by mail to:
Weigel Broadcasting Co.
26 North Halsted
Chicago, IL 60661
We reserve the right to change our policy from time to time as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
KINDS OF INFORMATION
There are two kinds of information web sites can obtain about you:
- Aggregate Information: Aggregate Information is anonymous data that web sites use to diagnose problems on the sites' servers, administer the sites, and to help improve the quality of the Web pages. It may be your domain name (i.e. "XYZ.com") or your IP address.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is any information that personally identifies you. It can be your first and last name, your email address, your home address, or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you order products online or subscribe to an email newsletter. Other times, web sites collect this information to help target advertising and marketing.
We collect Aggregate Information - such as your IP address (a number that's automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet), browser type (e.g., Netscape or Internet Explorer), and domain (e.g., "XYZ.com"). We do this in the background so it does not interrupt your cruising speed. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our site, and to gather broad demographic information. We share Aggregate Information with third parties for advertising and promotional purposes. None of this information is connected with Personally Identifiable Information. So, when you enter our site, you are anonymous and will remain that way unless you choose otherwise.
SURVEYS AND REGISTRATION FORMS
Sometimes we post surveys and registration forms in which we ask for Personally Identifiable Information. Here are some ways we might use that information:
- To send you information about Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- To give to our partners, who may send you promotional material.
The choice is yours - you do not have to answer surveys or register for newsletters or service. If you choose to answer the survey or complete the registration, we will tell you on the survey or registration form how we will use the Personally Identifiable Information. If we are asking for optional information, we will mark it with an asterisk (*) so you know you can skip it if you want. And on that same page we will give you a way to "opt out" of being contacted by Weigel Broadcasting Co. and any third parties.
CONTESTS AND SWEEPSTAKES
From time to time we run contests and sweepstakes in which we ask for Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address or telephone number. That's so we can let you know if you win. Sometimes we request additional Personally Identifiable Information such as your age, gender, and income level. And once in a while - though not often - we require this additional information in exchange for allowing you to enter the contest. Here are some of the ways we might use the information that we collect:
- To notify you if you are a winner
- To send you information about Weigel Broadcasting Co. and our site
- To give to content partners, who may send you promotional email
- To give to advertisers, who may send you emails about their products and services
We may share Aggregate Information with our partners and advertisers. We will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties unless we tell you otherwise when asking for it. We will give you a way to "opt out" of being contacted by Weigel Broadcasting Co. and any third parties.
If you win one of our contests or sweepstakes, we will not publish your name, hometown, or other Personally Identifiable Information on the Site unless you give us your permission.
If we ask you for Personally Identifiable Information, we will tell you if we intend to share it with others. We will provide you with a way to tell us that you don't want us to share the information or if you don't want to receive promotional and/or marketing information about products, services, and offerings from Weigel Broadcasting Co. and/or any third parties. Let us know and we will use your name and address only to tell you if you win a contest.
We authorize select suppliers of advertisements to place cookies on our site(s). The purpose of the cookies is to re/target users of our website to display personalized advertisements in their future navigation. The following platforms - IAB opt-out platform, Network Advertising Initiative opt-out platform, and Digital Advertising Alliance platform provide options to express opt-out choices for all companies that are registered in the respective platform. Please note that if you disable the display of personalized ads and other advertising partners, you will continue to receive ads that are less relevant to your interests/browsing behavior.
SUBPOENAS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES
We reserve the right to cooperate with government and law enforcement agencies engaged in investigations of activities that are, or are believed to be, illegal. Further, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such agencies if we believe that a crime or any act that endangers the health and safety of others may have been or may be committed. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information in response to an appropriate subpoena.
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC AREAS
Information posted to message boards or chat areas is available to the general public. Please use caution when posting any such information. Users under the age of 18 should be particularly careful not to provide any personally identifying information while using chat rooms or message boards. We reserve the right to, but are not obligated to, refuse or delete any content that in our sole discretion is considered inappropriate. Please see our Terms of Service for additional information.
FEEDBACK AND EMAIL
On our website, there is a link to a Contact Us email form so you can comment, complain, make suggestions, and ask questions. Your email address is required on this form so we can answer your questions, and we want your name, too, so we can address our answer in a mannerly way. We may also track your browser type and referring URL to better diagnose technical issues you may be having. We do not share this information with third parties and we will use it only to answer your correspondence.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
DELETING OR MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION
If you've given us personally identifiable information in the past and then have second thoughts or want to update it, here are your choices:
Although it is not always possible to remove or modify information in the databases, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you've given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we've already passed it on, we cannot delete or change the information.
SECURITY OF PRIVATE INFORMATION
Any personal information you give us is kept in secure files. Access is limited to the few employees who have a need to know. We would like to tell you that your information is as safe with us as it is in your head, but, as hackers have proved worldwide, no computer security system is entirely foolproof. The most any Web site can do is make reasonable efforts, which is what we do Weigel Broadcasting Co., to protect your information from theft, misuse and alteration.